Sharjah Arts Museum
- Sharjah Museums Authority – SMA (formerly Sharjah Museums Department – SMD) was founded in 2006 as an independent government department by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah.
- The structure is divided into two wings that are linked by two passageways that cross an interior street. Sixty-eight halls of varying sizes span an area of approximately 11,000 square meters.
- Sharjah Museums Authority includes the Sharjah Art Museum. It is a frequent exhibition venue for the Sharjah Biennial, which is produced by the Sharjah Art Foundation.
Facilities at Sharjah Arts Museum
- There is free Wi-Fi at the museum’s reception area, library, and café.
- On request, free guided tours in Arabic and English are offered.
- Mother’s quarters
- Baby changing area
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Cafe Gift Shop
Opening Hours: Museum Hours in Ramadan: Saturday to Thursday: (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM) & (9:00 PM – 11:00 PM), Friday: Closed
Museum Cafe: Saturday to Thursday: (8:00 am – 8:00 pm), Friday: (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Museum Gift Shop: Saturday to Thursday: (8:00 am – 8:00 pm), Friday: (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Museum library: Saturday to Thursday: (8:00 am – 8:00 pm), Friday: (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Attraction at Sharjah Museums
- Check out the exhibition here
- There is also a learning program at the Museum.
- Enjoy a world of artistic wonder and inventiveness scattered across big, airy galleries that are open all year.
- This one-of-a-kind museum allows art lovers and all visitors to marvel at the grandeur of the museum’s collections and temporary exhibitions, as well as engage in the museum’s regular program and workshops.
- With the opening of this spectacular museum, you can now see one of the Gulf region’s major art exhibitions, which includes permanent collections and works by renowned painters.
- Explore a three-story museum dedicated to displaying artistic masterpieces and collections of over 500 artworks of various materials and styles, including a variety of expressive techniques that will pique your interest.
- The museum hosts a range of temporary exhibitions and art events throughout the year. Over 4000 titles in Arabic, English, and other languages, as well as visual and audio assets, are housed in the Art Library.