Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Art Foundation activities and events take place all year and include exhibitions presenting the work of Arab and international artists, performances, music, film screenings, and artist lectures, as well as substantial art education programmes for children, adults, and families.
- The Foundation sponsors the annual March Meeting and the Sharjah Biennial every two years. Sharjah Art Foundation delivers a diverse range of contemporary art and cultural programmes to Sharjah, the UAE, and the region.
Opening Hours: Saturday – Thursday: (9:00 AM – 9:00 PM), Friday: (4:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
Attraction at Sharjah Art Foundation
- Sharjah Art Foundation works hard to encourage both local and international artists by displaying their work in international exhibits hosted here all year.
Some of the popular exhibitions are:
- Air Arabia Curator In Residence: ‘32: The Rescore
- Akram Zaatari: Against Photography. An Annotated History of the Arab Image Foundation
- March Project 2019
- Bani Abidi: Funland
- Marwan Rechmaoui: Slanted Square
- All year long, Sharjah Art Foundation presents a variety of events and activities such as film screenings, performances, music, artist lectures, and art education programmes for children, adults, and families. It aids in the promotion of arts and literature among the general public.
Some of the popular events are:
- Sculpting for Adults
- Making Ceramic Murals
- Lecture: A Painting and an Artist
- Relief Technique – Carving Letters
- Children’s Open Day 18
- Writing on Walls to Create an Antique Look
- Making a Clay Citrus Juicer
- Old Kufic Script
- Shaping a Vase like a Fish
- Sharjah Art Foundation has worked on multiple projects with numerous talented regional and worldwide artists, which are displayed in their shows.
Some of the projects are:
- Imperfect Isometry (2019)
- Carlos Martiel: Various Works (2019)
- Pataki 1921 (2019)
- Massive Kinship (solitary promenade)(2019)
- Untitled (inwardness, juice, natures)(2019)
- Eisa Jocson: Various Works (2019)
- Sympoiesis Observatory (2019)
- Perruques Architectures Emirats Arabes Unis (2019)
- No prey, No pay (2018–2019)
Sharjah Art Foundation is very interested in collecting art pearls from exhibits, foundation projects, and so on. The majority of these collections are the work of regional artists.
Following are the collections are:
- Into the Future
- Guide to Al Khan, an empty city in Sharjah
- The Three Disappearances of Soad Hosni
- Gravida’s Fourth Wall
- Gravity and Others
*For further details check here.