How to apply and obtain Vehicle possession Certificate in Sharjah, UAE?
To apply for and obtain a Vehicle Possession Certificate in Sharjah, UAE, you need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Traffic and Licensing Department of Sharjah Police and submit the following documents:
- The vehicle’s registration card (Mulkiya)
- A copy of the owner’s Emirates ID and passport
- A valid UAE driving license
- A certificate of insurance for the vehicle
- A certificate of roadworthiness for the vehicle (if the vehicle is older than three years)
- A certificate of clearance from any outstanding fines or violations
- Pay the required fees, which may vary based on the type of vehicle.
The Traffic and Licensing Department will issue a Vehicle Possession Certificate, which indicates that the owner has legal possession of the vehicle.
To be eligible to obtain a Vehicle Possession Certificate in Sharjah, UAE, you must meet the following criteria:
- The vehicle must be registered in Sharjah.
- The vehicle’s registration card (Mulkiya) must be in the owner’s name.
- The owner of the vehicle must have a valid UAE driving license.
- The owner of the vehicle must have a valid Emirates ID and passport.
- The vehicle must have a valid certificate of insurance.
- If the vehicle is older than three years, it must have a valid certificate of roadworthiness.
- The owner of the vehicle must not have any outstanding fines or violations against their name.
It generally cost
- AED 220 for light vehicles (such as cars and SUVs)
- AED 320 for heavy vehicles (such as trucks and buses)
- It generally takes 1-2 business day.