How to get a Gun License in Sharjah, UAE?: Procedure, Documents Required
The United Arab Emirates has severe regulations on the ownership of firearms, and only a select group of people, such as security personnel, hunters, and sport shooters, are often eligible to receive a firearm licence.
Procedure to get a Gun License in Sharjah:
- Ascertain whether you are eligible to apply for a firearms licence in Sharjah. Being a resident of the UAE and possessing a firearm for a lawful purpose are usually requirements for eligibility.
- If you want to own a gun, you must have a good cause for doing so, such as for hunting, security work, or sport shooting. Your eligibility for a particular firearm will depend on your motivation.
- You might need to sign up for a Sharjah gun club if you plan to use the gun for competitive shooting. A club membership is frequently required to receive a sport shooting licence.
- To submit your application for a firearms licence, go to your neighbourhood police department or the appropriate government agency. Make sure to accurately fill out the application form and pay any necessary costs.
- To verify your eligibility for gun ownership, a complete background investigation, including criminal and mental health checks, will be conducted on you.
- As part of the application procedure, you might have to go to a meeting or test.
- You might need to attend a meeting or take a test as part of the application process.
- In Sharjah, you can buy a firearm from a registered dealer or a gun shop if you have a valid licence. During the transaction, you will have to show your licence.
- A copy of your Emirates ID
- A copy of your passport.
- A copy of your UAE residence visa.
- An NOC from your employer or sponsor
- A letter explaining the reason for your firearm ownership
- A membership certificate from a reputable gun club may be required if you are applying for a sport shooting licence.
- A background check that includes criminal and mental health checks may require your permission.
- Completed firearm license application form.
- Recent passport-sized photos for your application