How to get a Birth Certificate in Sharjah, UAE?
There are three methods for obtaining a birth certificate in Sharjah.
Applying through Website.
- Send an SMS containing the notification number and the service provider’s location.
- Sign in to e-services, then enter your username and password to access the e-system.
- Submit your application through the e-system and pay your costs online.
- Receiving the certificate through delivery to the individual or a representative, or by visiting a public health centre in the same emirate for verification and matching of original papers.
- The certificate will be issued electronically if you use WhatsApp.
Applying through Mabrouk Ma Yak Package
- Submit your application through the e-system.
- After you pay the certificate issue cost, your application will be forwarded to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
Applying through public health center or hospital
- Submit the application and pay the cost through the e-system.
- The birth certificate will be issued once the documents and original copies have been validated.
- Receipt of the certificate by the individual or a representative.
To apply for a birth certificate in Sharjah, UAE, the parents of the child should meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The child must be born in Sharjah.
- The parents should have valid Emirates ID and passports.
- The parents should be legally married.
Documents required for the application process include:
- Original vaccination card or hospital discharge summary of the child.
- Emirates ID of both parents.
- Passport copies of both parents.
- Marriage certificate of the parents (if the parents are married).
- A fee of AED 60.
- It generally takes 1 day.