How to get a Vehicle License in Sharjah, UAE?
In Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, there are a number of processes and prerequisites to getting a driver’s licence. Check the requirements:
- You need to have a valid UAE residency visa to be eligible for vehicle registration in Sharjah.
- Must be at least 18 years.
- A vehicle inspection is required to make sure your car complies with safety and environmental requirements. This is necessary for both new and used vehicles without a current UAE registration.
- Prior to registering your car, you must have valid auto insurance.
- Vehicle registration card from the previous owner (if applicable).
- Your Emirates ID and passport.
- Valid UAE residency visa.
- Valid UAE driving license.
- Proof of vehicle insurance.
- Vehicle inspection certificate
- 2 photographs
- Eye test report
Procedure to get a vehicle license
- Purchase a vehicle from a dealer or individual that is authorised.
- Obtain the required vehicle paperwork, such as a current registration card.
- You must have active insurance before you may register the car. In the UAE, you have a variety of insurance companies to select from.
- Vehicle inspections are required for both new and older vehicles without a current UAE registration. To make sure the vehicle complies with safety and environmental regulations, an inspection is performed.
- At the registration desk, complete the required application forms.
- Pay the registration fees for your vehicle and any other applicable fees.
- Obtain an eye examination from a licenced medical facility. The driving school will sign you up for the theoretical sessions when you pass the test.
- Attend and pick up knowledge in the driving school’s theory lessons. They cover a wide range of subjects, including as traffic laws and safety precautions on the roads. You can check the driving institute here.
- You must take the theory test at the specified testing facility after finishing the theoretical lessons. You must succeed in this test to move on.
- You will get your vehicle’s licence plates and registration card after completing the registration process and paying the required payments. These plates must be installed on your car in accordance with the guidelines given.