How can a new SEWA connection be established in Sharjah?
Getting a water and power connection should be one of your priorities when moving into a new house. The Sharjah Energy and Water Authority provides water and electricity in Sharjah (SEWA). The authorities connect the city’s residential homes and commercial establishments to water and electricity. Continue reading to learn more about setting up a new SEWA connection in Sharjah.
Several amenities are available to consumers at SEWA’s convenience stores. Some of these include facilities for changing your profile, obtaining a new Sharjah SEWA connection, paying bills, and expressing suggestions or grievances. The SEWA e-portal and SEWA app offer access to these services.
SEWA CONTACT INFORMATION
- The SEWA Customer Happiness Center hours are Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Opening hours: From 7:30 am to 2:30 pm on Sunday through Thursday.
- Address: Al Khan Area, Al Majaz District 3, 135 Sharjah Electricity & Water Authority Building SEWA
- Contact number: +971-6-528-8888 | SEWA call center number: 991
This concludes our comprehensive guide on establishing and canceling a SEWA connection in Sharjah. Customers can request a new connection or have their existing connection terminated relatively easily. In addition to visiting one of the Customer Happiness Centers to submit their applications, clients can also use the SEWA website and app, which are equally useful. Similarly to that, it’s simple to obtain a SEWA gas connection through the Customer Happiness Centers.
NEW CUSTOMER REGISTRATION
Anyone seeking details on how to set up a new SEWA energy connection in Sharjah can easily register their account with SEWA. Another name for the move-in procedure is the new customer registration service. Let’s have a look at the steps and paperwork needed to register a new customer (move-in) account with SEWA.
PERMANENT CONNECTION DOCUMENTS
- Plan of Affection
- making a request for electricity
- The electrician’s business license, granted by the Economic Development Debarment
- Electrical contractor’s document of trade license, approved by SEWA
- copies of a license or a passport (for persons) (for companies)
- building approval
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR NEW CUSTOMER REGISTRATION
- First Tenancy Tenant and landlord have both properly signed the contract.
- The final certificate of clearance for the property (If more than ten days have passed from its issuance date, a second-meter reading could be required)
- Trade license copy of SEWA-approved electrical contractor
- Application for the connection
- Copy of the new tenant’s Emirates ID
- Landlord’s Ownership certificate
- The professional license of the Economic Development Department contractor
- Building permission
- License copy (for companies)
- Affection plan
- Passport copy
PROCEDURE FOR NEW CUSTOMER REGISTRATION WITH SEWA AS A TENANT
- The application for a new SEWA connection in Sharjah must be submitted in person at any SEWA Customer Happiness Center.
- Local or national residents must also submit a particular undertaking.
- Along with applying, you must also pay a Security Deposit that varies depending on the type of leased apartment.
- The tenancy agreement will be approved once the security deposit has been paid.
- Then, to get the Tenancy Contract attested, the customer needs to go to the Sharjah Municipality.
- Your new SEWA connection will be enabled as soon as the paperwork and deposit are finished.
Landlord’s Application for New Sewage Connection
The owner or landlord can also request a new SEWA connection by contacting the Customer Happiness Center in Sharjah. To begin using your service agreement with SEWA, you must complete all required papers.
HOW TO TERMINATE YOUR SEWA CONNECTION IN SHARJAH?
In Sharjah, SEWA connections can be readily terminated or disconnected by tenants and property owners. Here is all you need to know about moving out of your house and disconnecting your SEWA account.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TERMINATION OF SEWA ACCOUNT
- Original deposit receipt for payment
- Copy of the customer’s Emirates ID and
- The original clearance certificate from the Sharjah Municipality.
PROCEDURE FOR SEWA ACCOUNT TERMINATION IN SHARJAH
- Before the customer can be disconnected, they must request the Connection and Disconnection Section of SEWA.
- Your SEWA account in Sharjah will be closed by a technician designated by the Connection & Disconnection department.
- The technician will collect the most recent meter readings and send all the documents to the closing account section for additional processing.
- The department will compile a final bill listing any outstanding payments for the disconnection of the SEWA account.
- The department will then prepare and forward any follow-up requests to the Internal Control Department.
- You must pay the difference if your unpaid debt exceeds the security deposit.
- A clearance certificate will be issued for disconnecting the SEWA account in Sharjah if the debt is paid in full.
PROCESS OF REGISTRATION FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY
To obtain a new SEWA connection at the Sharjah business property, the applicant must provide the following documentation:
- A copy of a trade license or business registration
- A signed inspection report from the Economic Department.
- Approval of the lease agreement between the tenant and the landlord.
- Certification confirming the property’s clearance.
The procedure for the SEWA connection in Sharjah is the same, even if the paperwork needed differs from the residential connection.
GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY REGISTRATION PROCESS
For the necessary connection to be activated, government organizations must deliver the following documentation to the SEWA office:
- Government of the federal or municipal level’s “no objection certificate” (NOC).
- Initial Tenancy Agreement (for the leased unit)
- Title deed or ownership
Additionally, to activate a new SEWA connection, the following process must be followed:
- The SEWA Customer Happiness Center should receive the application.
- The Government Departments & Ministries Section will receive the transaction from the customer happiness center.
- Service Agreement execution.
The relationship will be made active in the government entity’s accounts system. All the services can be conveniently accessed through the SEWA e-portal or mobile applications, as already mentioned. The following SEWA head office contact information might be used to acquire additional information.
SERVICE CHARGES FOR SEWA ACCOUNT DISCONNECTION
For regular account disconnections, there are no service fees. However, the agency charges AED 200 for an urgent SEWA account termination (AED 100 as a disconnection fee and AED 100.00 as a compulsory refund fee for a deposit that does not exceed AED 10,000).